myetutor Limited, a company incorporated in Scotland (Company No. SC389351) with its registered office at 272 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4JR ("myetutor" or "we" or "our" or "us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy throughout your use of the website located at www.myetutor.tv ("our site").
This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use located at www.myetutor.tv and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller of the personal data acquired by us as a result of use of our site and/ or the services available from our site, is myetutor.
Information and data we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data, which may include personal data (as defined in the Act), about you:
• Information and data that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information and data provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to any service that we offer on and/ or make available from our site, posting material or requesting further services from us. We may also ask you for information and data when you report a problem with our site or any services available from our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record and/ or copy of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of any orders for products and/ or services that you may place through our site.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data as well as the resources, information and facilities that you access on our site.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect data about your computer and/ or the device that you use to access our site, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate, non-personal data, information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not, nor will it be used to, identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain data about your general internet usage by using a cookie file (which is stored on the hard drive of your computer) and other online tools. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. Cookies are not executable and therefore they cannot replicate themselves and are not viruses. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store data about your preferences and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
• To speed up what you do on our site.
• To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
The data, including personal data, that we collect from you will be stored and processed within the European Economic Area ("EEA").
All data, including personal data, you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions conducted by you through our site will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping that password secure and confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone and should it come to our attention that any password we have issued has been provided to, or accessed by, or used by any other individual, then we reserve the right to disable such password, without notice, and we are entitled to refuse to issue any replacement passwords or alternative access routes.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information and data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect data, including personal data, provided by you to us, we do not guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our site and any such transmission is undertaken by you at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information and data
We use data, including personal data, we hold about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that three hundred individuals aged 15 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, individuals aged 16 that live in Scotland). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to their target audience.
Disclosure of your information and data
We may disclose data, including personal data, submitted by you to us to any member of the group of companies of which we form part of, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006: your submission of data, including personal data, to us amounts to a consent to the foregoing disclosure and you also, by making such submission, represent to us that you are lawfully permitted to provide such consent to us.
We may disclose data, including personal data, submitted by you to us, to third parties:
• If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers, including you, may be transferred to such third party and your submission of data, including personal data, to us amounts to a consent to the foregoing disclosure and you also, by making such submission, represent to us that you are lawfully permitted to provide such consent to us.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal and/ or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use located at www.myetutor.tv; or to protect our rights, property, or safety and that of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information and data with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Your submission of data, including personal data, to us amounts to consent to the foregoing disclosure and sharing and you also, by making such submission, represent to us that you are lawfully permitted to provide such consent to us.
We will not process your personal data for third party marketing purposes.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link from our site to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the use by you of any such website nor do we endorse or make any representations or guarantees about the use of data, including personal data, submitted by you to, or acquired by your use of such websites by, the operators of any such websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to personal data
The Act gives you the right to access your personal data held by us. Your right of access can be exercised in pursuance of and in accordance with the Act and we ask that in exercising your rights under the Act that you address your requests to email@example.com. Any access requests made to us will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of your personal data that we hold.