- » About
myetutor is a Scotland-wide tuition company that provides support for selected Scottish Qualification Authority (SQA) examinations. It was formed in 2010 by Matthew Wilson and his business partner. They started the company as two Scottish secondary school teachers with combined classroom teaching experience of over 45 years, many years of providing home tuition, and SQA marking experience.
Matthew Wilson, co-founder, speaks about myetutor
Matthew says: "As teachers, we are aware of the difficulties many students (and their parents) face in gaining the skills and achieving the grade they desire. It is a challenge:
• finding an experienced professional tutor in the subject
• knowing that person can tutor well
• having the opportunity for repeated practise and feedback
• being confident that person also knows the exam
• knowing someone practised in dealing with each student's own particular individual needs
From our teaching, tutoring and SQA marking experiences, we realised that tutoring did not have to happen for an hour each week over a period of months up to the exam. If a student is given the correct information about the skills required, works with that information over time and practises those skills regularly, showing the work to a tutor, then receives quality feedback on the work done, there will be progress in that student's attainment in the exam.
As we broke tutoring down into the fundamentals, we realised we could offer a more flexible, a more efficient and a more affordable way to tutor students, using the internet, and still retain a student-centred, attainment-focused approach.
Our aim is to support students in gaining and improving their skills so that they can confidently approach the exam secure in those key skills that will drive their attainment upwards."
myetutor became a way of providing a highly flexible and effective way of tutoring that fitted a students desire for skills with a person assured to provide those skills. We realise that learning does not have to happen at a set hour each week and that it may suit students to have feedback on a single essay once or it may suit a student to have 10 hours of Maths tuition over a term.
At myetutor, we know the long term impact on an individual's life the acquisition of skills can have. We believe people should have as much choice as possible about the skills they wish to develop and that when people are ready to develop skills, there should be a service available to help them do so.
The myetutor service
(Prices may vary)
myetutor's tutoring service features:
• Only GTC Scotland registered teachers mark students' work
• 24 x 7 availability for essay marking
• Essay returns within 48 hours (usually or less)
• Detailed feedback and report
• flexible one-to-one tuition over the internet
• selection of tutors for essay marking
• selection of tutors for myetutor+ Maths and English
We also provide:
• Free helpdesk available on twitter @mye_tutor
• Experienced teachers who blog regularly with advice about examinations
• Regular updates on our facebook page
Registered office: 272 Bath Street Glasgow G2 4JR
Learn more about the myetutor+ tuition service and how it can develop students' skills to achieve higher grades.
View our GTCS English tutors
Our English tutors are experienced professionals who provide tuition and individual support.
View our GTCS Maths Tutors
Our GTCS Maths tutors provide help and support to develop the skills needed for the exam.
Tweet a question to @mye_tutor about English and we'll answer it or give you the help to answer it yourself.
Like us on facebook
Connect to our facebook page and receive updates on new materials and our latest blogs.